The Citadel Bulldogs (6-21, 0-16 SoCon) close out their home schedule at McAlister Field House against the Mercer Bears (15-14, 9-7 SoCon). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Mercer Bears vs. Citadel Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last game, the Bulldogs were beaten by the Western Carolina Catamounts, 96-84, while the Bears beat the Chattanooga Mocs, 85-80.
The Bears had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 30.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.518). Citadel, on the other hand, made 15 of their 34 three pointers (44.1 percent). Fletcher Abee was a key piece for Citadel with 28 points. Meanwhile, Mercer was lifted by Kamar Robertson, who contributed 16 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Robertson led the Bears to a 76-71 win. He recorded 13 points and six assists. The Bears’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Bulldogs. Mercer had a rate of 35.7, while Citadel posted a mark of 22.2.
It will be a battle of contrasting paces as the up-and-down Bulldogs will look to push the more grind-it-out Bears. The Bulldogs rank sixth in possessions per game while the Bears are 126th.
Mercer Bears at Citadel Bulldogs Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Mercer, ATS Winner – Citadel, O/U – Over
- Citadel ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while Mercer ranks 209th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Bears average 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 112th in the country. The Bulldogs rank 212th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Mercer allows the 21st-fewest blocks per game (2.4) while Citadel ranks 34th (2.6).
- The Bears rank 56th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while the Bulldogs rank 245th (38.1).
- Mercer ranks 54th in assists per game (14.6) while Citadel ranks 238th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.4, up from 4.9 for the season.