The Mercer Bears (14-14, 8-7 SoCon) will be at McKenzie Arena to meet the Chattanooga Mocs (17-11, 8-7 SoCon) in a SoCon matchup. The game starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs ATS Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Mocs defeated the Citadel Bulldogs 91-68, while the Bears beat the Samford Bulldogs 106-66.
The Bears had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 18.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.708 (above their season average of 0.509). The Mocs, on the other hand, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.7 (below their season average of 24.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.523). Matt Ryan had a solid performance for Chattanooga, contributing 27 points and nine rebounds. Djordje Dimitrijevic fueled Mercer with 21 points, 10 assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, David Jean-Baptiste led the Mocs to a 70-61 victory. He produced 17 points. Chattanooga’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Mocs had more offensive rebounds (10 vs. 2) and total rebounds (34 vs. 30).
Chattanooga figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Mocs currently rank 94th in offensive efficiency, while the Bears rank 207th in defensive efficiency.
Mercer vs. Chattanooga Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Chattanooga, ATS Winner – Chattanooga, O/U – Under
- Mercer ranks 102nd in steals per game (6.8) while Chattanooga ranks 235th (4.8).
- The Bears rank 20th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Mocs rank 82nd (3.1).
- The Mocs rank 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Bears rank 193rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- Chattanooga ranks 71st in assists per game (14.4) while Mercer ranks 163rd in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- The Mocs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (2.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (0.6 below their season average).