The NCAA’s top shooting defense will be on the road at Donald Reynolds Center, when the 20th-ranked Memphis Tigers (14-3, 3-1 AAC) battle with the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (12-6, 4-1 AAC). The game can be seen on ESPNU at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Memphis Tigers vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Golden Hurricane defeated the Tulane Green Wave 67-54, while the Tigers beat the Cincinnati Bearcats 60-49.
The Tigers were 9-12 from the foul line (75.0 percent) and held the Bearcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.350 (below their season average of 0.507). Tulsa, on the other hand, dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.320 (above their season average of 0.241) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 28.1). Tulane put up marks of 0.109 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats. Martins Igbanu put together a solid outing for Tulsa with 19 points and six rebounds. Memphis received a boost from Precious Achiuwa, who recorded 12 points and 11 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent game, the Tigers won 66-63. Memphis had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 31.6). Tulsa, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.8 vs. 18.1). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Tulsa (188th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 102.2) will face off against the elite defense of Memphis (third in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 84.0). The Tigers should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Memphis Tigers at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Tulsa, O/U – Over
- Memphis ranks second in blocks per game (7.0) while Tulsa ranks 157th (2.4).
- The Tigers rank 130th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Golden Hurricane rank 256th (26.3).
- Memphis ranks 52nd in assists per game (14.9) while Tulsa ranks 104th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- The Tigers rank 25th in steals per game (8.8) while the Golden Hurricane rank 177th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Memphis averages 41.9 rebounds per game, which ranks sixth in the NCAA. Tulsa ranks 145th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 14.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Hurricane have scored an average of 61.8 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 56.6 points per game (8.4 below their season average).