The country’s top shooting defense will be on the road at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse, when the Memphis Tigers (19-9, 8-7 AAC) clash with the Tulane Green Wave (12-16, 4-12 AAC). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Memphis Tigers at Tulane Green Wave ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Green Wave fell to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 62-57, while the Tigers were defeated by the SMU Mustangs, 58-53.
Memphis had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 30.4) while Tulane forced Tulsa into a turnover percentage of 25.2 (above their season average of 17.3). Teshaun Hightower had a good game for Tulane, recording 19 points. Meanwhile, Memphis received a boost from Precious Achiuwa, who had 17 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, D.J. Jeffries led the Tigers to an 84-73 victory. He produced 14 points, eight assists and seven rebounds. Memphis had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.0 vs. 17.9). Tulane, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-18; 83.3 percent).
The inefficient offense of Tulane will face off against the elite defense of Memphis. The Green Wave currently rank 256th in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers are sixth in defensive efficiency. The Tigers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court. It could also be an error-filled game for the offense of the Tigers, which ranks 341st in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.7 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Green Wave, which forces the 29th-most turnovers in the country (23.0 percent).
Memphis at Tulane Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Memphis, ATS Winner – Memphis, O/U – Over
- Memphis ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (39.6) while Tulane ranks 280th (30.9).
- The Tigers rank seventh in blocks per game (5.9) while the Green Wave rank 172nd (2.5).
- Memphis ranks 176th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2) while Tulane ranks 258th (24.7).
- The Green Wave rank 22nd in steals per game (8.5) while the Tigers rank 213th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Memphis averages 14.0 assists per game, which ranks 84th in the nation. Tulane ranks 270th in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (1.9 above their season average).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Memphis has defeated opponents by an average of 7.6 points.