The Phoenix Suns (17-59) welcome the Memphis Grizzlies (30-45) to Talking Stick Resort Arena. The Suns are 1.5-point underdogs and will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 220 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 30, 2019.
Memphis Grizzlies at Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
Both teams failed to cover as underdogs in their last contest. The Suns (1-point underdogs) were defeated by the Washington Wizards, 124-121, while the Grizzlies (9.5-point underdogs) fell to the Golden State Warriors, 118-103. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Phoenix game went 14.5 points over the projected point total of 230.5, while the Memphis game went 1 point over the projected point total of 220.
Memphis had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.2 (above their season average of 19.6) while Phoenix had an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.511). Devin Booker played well for Phoenix, recording 50 points and 10 rebounds. Memphis rallied around Jonas Valanciunas, who contributed 27 points and 13 rebounds.
The Suns won the most recent matchup 102-100 to even the season series at one. Shelvin Mack was a top player in the game with 21 points. Phoenix did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (22-26; 84.6 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 24.1). Phoenix covered as a 4-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 202 points, which was under the projected point total of 211.
Of the Grizzlies’ 75 games, 42 have gone under the O/U total. Memphis holds records of 30-45 straight up (SU) and 35-39-1 against the spread (ATS).
Much like Memphis, games featuring the Suns also have typically gone under the total (56.6 percent). Moreover, Phoenix is 17-59 SU and 34-42 ATS.
The Grizzlies’ Valanciunas has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 23 points,15.0 rebounds,2.0 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Booker has averaged 36 points,7.2 assists,1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Suns.
It might be a sloppy game for the Phoenix offense. Phoenix ranks 29th in the NBA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while the disruptive defense of Memphis forces the third-most turnovers in the league (14.9 percent).
Memphis Grizzlies at Phoenix Suns ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank 13th in rebounds allowed per game (44.7) while the Suns rank 26th (46.9).
- Memphis ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (42.0) while Phoenix ranks 29th (52.9).
- The Grizzlies average 17.4 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Suns rank 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.8).
- Memphis ranks 10th in steals per game (8.3) while Phoenix ranks 27th in steals allowed per game (9.1).
- Memphis ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.5) while Phoenix ranks 17th (5.0).
- The Grizzlies rank fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.6) while the Suns rank 28th (15.2).
- The Suns rank 11th in fast break points per game (14.9) while the Grizzlies rank 28th in fast break points allowed per game (16.2).
- Phoenix ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (29.7) while Memphis ranks 14th (32.0).
- Memphis ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (23.1) while Phoenix ranks 25th (25.9).
- Phoenix is 5-1 when they allow below 100 points, while Memphis is 15-7.
- The Suns are 16-38 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 21-20.
- Phoenix is 16-21 ATS at home, while Memphis is 14-21-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Grizzlies’ 36 road games, they have 22 unders and 14 overs.
- The Suns have 23 unders and 14 overs in 37 home games.
- The Grizzlies are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Suns are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Memphis has 4 overs and 1 under, while Phoenix has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Suns have scored an average of 103.0 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 119.0 points per game (2.8 above their season average).