The Los Angeles Lakers (4-5) will be at home in Staples Center when they go head-to-head with the Memphis Grizzlies (6-3). Tip-off is set for at 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Lakers ATS Preview
In the Grizzlies’ last outing, they were victorious over the Los Angeles Clippers, 113-104. With 13 points and nine rebounds, Memphis’ Brandan Wright had a solid outing. The Grizzlies, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.495, had a solid mark of 0.554 and had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 12.0).
In the Lakers’ last matchup, they defeated the Brooklyn Nets, 124-112. With 34 points on 13-for-23 shooting, Brook Lopez was the game’s leading scorer. The Lakers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.506, had a solid mark of 0.559 and held the Nets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.8 (below their season average of 22.9).
Conflicting paces will be on display in this battle. Los Angeles ranks second in possessions per game (101.1) while Memphis is 30th (95.2) since the 2016-17 season.
Memphis games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while games including Los Angeles have gone under 55.6 percent of the time. The Grizzlies have the better straight up (SU) record (6-3 vs. 4-5), but the Lakers hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (5-4 vs. 4-4).
The Lakers won two out of three matchups against the Grizzlies last season. In the last matchup, the Grizzlies won 103-100. Memphis’ 10.4 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Los Angeles, who had a rate of 16.1.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Lakers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lakers average 15.3 fast break points per game, which ranks third in the league. The Grizzlies rank 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- Memphis ranks third in assists allowed per game (19.8) while Los Angeles ranks 12th (25.4).
- Los Angeles ranks fifth in blocks per game (4.1) while Memphis ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- Los Angeles is 13-5 when they allow under 100 points, while Memphis is 37-10.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Lakers are 28-32 and the Grizzlies are 37-18.
- The Grizzlies rank 17th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while the Lakers rank 27th (25.5).
- Memphis ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (18.3).
- The Grizzlies rank fourth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Lakers rank 28th (8.6).
- Los Angeles ranks first in points in the paint per game (48.7) while Memphis ranks 25th (40.6).