The Memphis Grizzlies (20-23) will travel to TD Garden to clash against the Boston Celtics (28-14). The Celtics opened as 7.5-point favorites. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 233 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
Memphis Grizzlies at Boston Celtics ATS Odds
The Celtics easily got past the Los Angeles Lakers in their last matchup, 139-107, despite being 2.5-point underdogs. The Grizzlies, on the other hand, were topped by the New Orleans Pelicans, 126-116, and failed to cover as 3-point underdogs. The Boston game finished 19.5 points over the projected point total of 226.5, while the Memphis game finished 8.5 points under the projected point total of 250.5.
Boston played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 23.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.645 (above their season average of 0.524). Los Angeles recorded marks of 26.1 and 0.478, respectively, for those same stats. Memphis, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 (above their season average of 22.1). Boston was lifted by Jayson Tatum, who finished with 27 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Dillon Brooks fueled Memphis with 31 points and nine rebounds.
The Celtics dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, Boston won 122-116. The Celtics’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Grizzlies. Boston had a rate of 25.0, while Memphis posted a mark of 17.6. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Grizzlies games, with 22 overs compared to 21 unders. Memphis comes into the contest with records of 20-23 straight up (SU) and 22-20-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas is extremely accurate when predicting totals of Celtics games, with an even split between overs and unders. Further, Boston owns records of 28-14 SU and 24-17-1 ATS.
Boston appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Celtics currently rank fifth in offensive efficiency, while Memphis ranks 20th in defensive efficiency.
Memphis Grizzlies at Boston Celtics ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Celtics, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Celtics rank 11th in three pointers attempted per game (34.0) while the Grizzlies rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (34.6).
- Boston ranks fourth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.9) while Memphis ranks 28th (18.9).
- The Celtics rank sixth in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Grizzlies rank 21st in fast break points allowed per game (14.6).
- Boston ranks 12th in second chance points allowed per game (12.5) while Memphis ranks 26th (14.4).
- Boston ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.2) while Memphis ranks 15th (47.7).
- The Grizzlies rank first in assists per game (28.0) while the Celtics rank 19th (23.3).
- The Celtics rank second in steals allowed per game (6.7) while the Grizzlies rank 15th (7.7).
- Memphis ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.4) while Boston ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.5).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Boston is 9-2 and Memphis is 1-0.
- The Grizzlies are 20-18 when they score over 100 points, while the Celtics are 27-8.
- Boston is 12-10 ATS at home, while Memphis is 9-8-1 ATS on the road.
- In 18 road games, the Grizzlies have 10 unders and 8 overs.
- In 22 home games, the Celtics have 12 overs, 9 unders and 1 push.
- In their last five games, Memphis and Boston are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Grizzlies have 4 unders and 1 over over their last five games, while the Celtics have 4 overs and 1 push
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 121.2 points per game (7.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.6 points per game (2.4 below their season average).
- The Celtics’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 6.7 for the season.