The Memphis Grizzlies (18-39) will try to put an end to their eight-game losing streak when they meet the Miami Heat (30-29) at AmericanAirlines Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 195 points with Miami opening as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies at Miami Heat Odds Preview
In the Grizzlies last contest, they lost big to the Cleveland Cavaliers, 112-89. Memphis Tyreke Evans had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Cleveland’s 17.9 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Memphis, who had a rate of 11.4. The Cavaliers mark was below their season average of 19.3, while the Grizzlies was below their season average of 22.4.
The Heat are trying to rebound after their 124-123 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans in their last matchup. Goran Dragic led Miami in scoring with 30 points on 12-for-22 shooting. New Orleans did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (20-24; 83.3 percent). Miami, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 11.2).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the leagues slowest-paced teams face off. Miami ranks 26th in possessions per game (97.1) and Memphis is 29th (96.2).
Games involving these teams have typically finished under the projected point total. Memphis games have gone under 55.4 percent of the time, while Miami games have gone under 55.2 percent of the time. The Heat hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 30-29 SU and 29-27-2 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 18-39 SU and 24-30-2 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 189 points, which was under the projected point total of 194.5. The Heat won 107-82, covering as 2-point underdogs. Miami was lights out from beyond the arc (14-27; 51.9 percent). Memphis, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (15.4 vs. 7.4). Dragic was a top performer in the victory, with 19 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Miami Heat Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Heat rank 18th in rebounds per game (42.9) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (40.5).
- Memphis ranks 23rd in second chance points per game (11.1) while Miami ranks 27th (10.5).
- Miami ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (26.0) while Memphis ranks 10th (27.8).
- Miami is 8-16-2 ATS at home, while Memphis is 11-14-1 ATS on the road.
- Of the Grizzlies 26 road games, they have 13 overs, 12 unders and 1 push.
- The Heat have 14 unders, 11 overs and 1 push in 26 home games.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Memphis is 11-10 and Miami is 18-6.
- The Heat are 20-13 when they score more than 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 13-14.
- The Heat rank 20th in assists per game (21.9) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (21.1).
- Memphis ranks ninth in fast break points per game (13.5) while Miami ranks 28th (7.8).
- The Heat average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Grizzlies rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- The Grizzlies average 16.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. The Heat rank 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.1).
- Memphis ranks second in points allowed in the paint per game (40.8) while Miami ranks 12th (43.7).
- Miami is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Heat’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 93.0 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.6 points per game (5.5 above their season average).