The Memphis Grizzlies (2-7), 11-point underdogs, will be at the AT&T Center to square off against the San Antonio Spurs (5-4) in a Southwest Division matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 226.5 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 11, 2019.
Memphis Grizzlies at San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Spurs (2-point favorites) were defeated by the Boston Celtics, 135-115, while the Grizzlies (5.5-point underdogs) fell to the Dallas Mavericks, 138-122. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The San Antonio game finished 31.5 points over the projected point total of 218.5, while the Memphis game went 37.5 points over the projected point total of 222.5.
Memphis had an effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.486) while San Antonio had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 25.1). DeMar DeRozan had a solid performance for San Antonio with 22 points. Jae Crowder led the way for Memphis, finishing with 18 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Spurs won the most recent contest 108-107. One of San Antonio’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Memphis had 16.
Grizzlies games have typically finished under the total (55.6 percent). Memphis heads into the contest with records of 2-7 straight up (SU) and 2-7 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Memphis, Spurs games tend to finish over the projected point total (55.6 percent). Further, San Antonio owns records of 5-4 SU and 2-7 ATS.
San Antonio could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the league. Dating back to last season, the Spurs rank first in offensive efficiency, while Memphis ranks 24th in defensive efficiency. Conflicting styles will be on display in this meeting. The up-and-down Grizzlies rank fifth in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Spurs rank 29th.
Grizzlies vs. Spurs Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Spurs, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Spurs rank 17th in rebounds per game (45.2) while the Grizzlies rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (44.9).
- San Antonio ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.6) while Memphis ranks 27th (17.1).
- The Grizzlies rank fourth in fast break points per game (12.8) while the Spurs rank 21st (10.9).
- San Antonio ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (31.9) while Memphis ranks 25th (32.6).
- Memphis averages 24.1 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. San Antonio ranks 18th in assists allowed per game (24.7).
- The Grizzlies rank first in points in the paint per game (47.2) while the Spurs rank 25th (43.6).
- The Spurs rank 11th in second chance points allowed per game (12.5) while the Grizzlies rank 27th (12.1).
- San Antonio ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Memphis ranks 26th (5.0).
- San Antonio is 17-4 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Memphis is 15-7.
- The Spurs are 55-26 when they reach 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 26-26.