The Sacramento Kings (21-33) will be 1.5-point favorites at home in the Golden 1 Center when they square off against the Memphis Grizzlies (28-26). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 229 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Memphis Grizzlies at Sacramento Kings Betting Odds
The Grizzlies defeated the Portland Trail Blazers in their last outing, 111-104, covering as 3.5-point favorites. The Kings, meanwhile, were blown out by the Dallas Mavericks, 130-111, and were unable to cover as 8.5-point underdogs. The Memphis game finished 19.5 points under the projected point total of 234.5, while the Sacramento game went 15 points over the projected point total of 226.
The Grizzlies held the Trail Blazers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.438 (below their season average of 0.526) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (above their season average of 21.8). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 4.4 (better than their season average of 12.8). Sacramento was lifted by Buddy Hield, who finished with 22 points and nine assists. Meanwhile, Jonas Valanciunas fueled Memphis with 12 points and 18 rebounds.
The Kings evened the season series at one with a 128-123 win in their most recent contest. In the victory, De’Aaron Fox led all scorers with 27 points. The Kings’ 10.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Grizzlies, who had a rate of 14.3. Sacramento covered as a 4-point favorite and the two teams combined to score 251 points, which was well over the projected point total of 224.5.
Grizzlies games have no tendency in regards to the total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Memphis heads into the contest with records of 28-26 straight up (SU) and 30-23-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Kings games, with 29 overs compared to 25 unders. Additionally, Sacramento owns records of 21-33 SU and 26-28 ATS.
Opposite styles will be on display in this battle. Memphis prefers to play fast (eighth in possessions per game), while Sacramento is methodical (22nd in possessions per game).
Memphis Grizzlies at Sacramento Kings ATS Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank 12th in steals per game (8.0) while the Kings rank 19th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Memphis ranks first in points in the paint per game (57.0) while Sacramento ranks 24th (45.4).
- The Kings rank seventh in second chance points allowed per game (12.1) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (14.2).
- Sacramento ranks 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.4) while Memphis ranks 27th (18.3).
- Sacramento averages 34.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Memphis ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (34.3).
- The Grizzlies rank first in assists per game (27.4) while the Kings rank 23rd (23.2).
- The Kings rank fifth in fast break points allowed per game (11.9) while the Grizzlies rank 21st (14.3).
- Memphis ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.7) while Sacramento ranks ninth in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Memphis ranks ninth in rebounds per game (45.8) while Sacramento ranks last (42.3).
- Sacramento is 9-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Memphis is 4-0.
- The Grizzlies are 27-20 when they reach the century mark, while the Kings are 19-26.
- Memphis is 13-11-1 ATS on the road, while Sacramento is 10-16 ATS at home.
- In 25 road games, the Grizzlies have 13 overs and 12 unders.
- In 26 home games, the Kings have 13 overs and 13 unders.
- The Grizzlies are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Memphis has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Sacramento has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Grizzlies have outscored opponents by an average of 6.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Memphis has been defeated by an average of 1.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Kings have scored an average of 112.4 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average).