The Los Angeles Clippers (5-2) will be at home in Staples Center when they clash against the Memphis Grizzlies (5-3). Tip-off is set for at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 4, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Preview
The Grizzlies lost a tough one against the Orlando Magic, 101-99, in their last matchup. With 32 points on 13-for-20 shooting, Tyreke Evans was the game’s high scorer. Orlando held the Grizzlies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.5 (below their season average of 18.5). Memphis, on the other hand, forced the Magic into a turnover percentage of 22.8 (above their season average of 13.1).
The Clippers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Dallas Mavericks, 119-98, in their last matchup. Los Angeles received a boost from Blake Griffin, who was the game’s high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-12 shooting. The Clippers made 24 of their 29 free throws (82.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.617 (above their season average of 0.507).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Los Angeles ranks 24th in possessions per game (97.7) and Memphis is 29th (95.2) since last season. Also, the Grizzlies rank third in turnover percentage (12.9 percent), while the Clippers rank 23rd in opponents’ turnover percentage (12.9 percent).
Games featuring these teams have a tendency to go under the projected point total. Memphis games have finished under 75.0 percent of the time, while Los Angeles games have gone under 71.4 percent of the time. The Clippers come into this game with a significant advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-2 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Grizzlies are 5-3 SU and 4-4 ATS.
The Clippers won three out of four games against the Grizzlies last season. In the most recent game, the Clippers won 99-88. The Clippers played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 10.0 and a solid free throw rate of 0.318. For those same stats, the Grizzlies were 16.1 and 0.202, respectively.
Memphis Grizzlies at Los Angeles Clippers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grizzlies, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Clippers rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while the Grizzlies rank 18th (28.0).
- Memphis ranks third in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.9) while Los Angeles ranks ninth (15.4).
- Memphis ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (37.6) while Los Angeles ranks 10th (42.7).
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Los Angeles is 32-9 and Memphis is 37-10.
- The Clippers are 51-18 when they score above 100 points, while the Grizzlies are 36-18.
- The Clippers rank 19th in rebounds per game (43.0) while the Grizzlies rank 26th (42.1).
- Los Angeles ranks first in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while Memphis ranks 18th (5.0).
- The Clippers rank 10th in fast break points per game (13.5) while the Grizzlies rank 24th in fast break points allowed per game (14.0).
- The Grizzlies are second in the league with 6.8 steals allowed per game while the Clippers are fifth with 7.1 steals allowed per game.
- Memphis ranks third in assists allowed per game (19.8) while Los Angeles ranks 17th (22.8).