The Memphis Grizzlies (7-10), who are currently riding a six-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they head to Pepsi Center to challenge the Denver Nuggets (10-8). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 208.5 points with Denver set as a 6-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast.
Memphis Grizzlies at Denver Nuggets Odds Preview
The Grizzlies lost a tough one against the Dallas Mavericks in their last outing, 95-94. With 18 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Tyreke Evans was Memphis’ high scorer. Dallas had a turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 13.2). Memphis, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (13-14; 92.9 percent).
In the Nuggets last game, they were topped by the Houston Rockets, 125-95. Will Barton was Denver’s leading scorer with 20 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Houston made 18 of their 41 three pointers (43.9 percent). Denver, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 vs. 22.2).
Denver figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Nuggets rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (27.4 percent), while Memphis ranks 20th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent). Moreover, the Grizzlies commit the third-fewest errors in the NBA (turnover percentage of 13.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of the Nuggets causes the fourth-most (opponents turnover percentage of 15.9 percent).
Games featuring these teams have a tendency to finish under the projected point total. Memphis games have gone under 64.7 percent of the time, while Denver games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time. The Nuggets have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (10-8 vs. 7-10) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (7-11 vs. 6-11).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Grizzlies won all three matchups last season. In the last game, Memphis won 105-98. The Grizzlies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.275 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0. The Nuggets had marks of 0.155 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats.
Memphis Grizzlies at Denver Nuggets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Grizzlies, O/U – Under
- The Grizzlies rank fourth in assists allowed per game (19.8) while the Nuggets rank 27th (24.4).
- Memphis ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.9) while Denver ranks 15th (4.6).
- Memphis ranks third in fast break points per game (14.8) while Denver ranks 20th in fast break points allowed per game (11.9).
- Memphis ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Denver ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (30.8).
- Denver is 5-4 ATS at home, while Memphis is 3-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 5 of the Nuggets’ 9 home games, while 3 of the Grizzlies 7 road games have gone over.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Denver is 4-1 and Memphis is 5-1.
- The Grizzlies are 4-3 when they reach the century mark, while the Nuggets are 8-4.
- The Nuggets rank eighth in rebounds per game (45.2) while the Grizzlies rank 25th (40.8).
- Denver ranks first in second chance points per game (16.6) while Memphis ranks 29th (8.9).
- The Grizzlies rank first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.0) while the Nuggets rank 28th (21.2).
- The Grizzlies rank ninth in points in the paint per game (45.9) while the Nuggets rank 19th in points allowed in the paint per game (44.7).
- Memphis ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.6) while Denver ranks 26th (9.2).
- Denver is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Memphis is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nuggets have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Denver has defeated opponents by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Grizzlies have scored an average of 97.0 points per game (2.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.2 points per game (4.3 above their season average).