The Charlotte Hornets (4-6) will be 1.5-point favorites at home in the Spectrum Center when they challenge the Memphis Grizzlies (3-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 220 points and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Southeast at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Charlotte Hornets Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Grizzlies (10.5-point underdogs) defeated the San Antonio Spurs, 113-109, while the Hornets (14-point underdogs) were defeated by the Philadelphia 76ers, 114-106. The Memphis game finished 1.5 points under the projected point total of 223.5, while the Charlotte game finished 6.5 points over the projected point total of 213.5.
Memphis dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 21.8) and a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 14.8). For those same stats, San Antonio had marks of 15.6 and 11.8, respectively. Charlotte, meanwhile, forced Philadelphia into a turnover percentage of 18.0 (above the 14.4 mark opponents have averaged against Charlotte this season). Charlotte was lifted by Devonte’ Graham, who contributed 19 points and 10 assists. Jonas Valanciunas fueled Memphis with 18 points and 12 rebounds.
The Hornets dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent matchup, Charlotte won 100-92. Charlotte did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-28; 85.7 percent). Memphis, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (20.9 vs. 16.2). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Oddsmakers tend to place the total high when the Grizzlies are involved, as six of their 10 contests have ended under the O/U total. Memphis heads into the contest with records of 3-7 straight up (SU) and 3-7 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when setting the O/U total of Hornets games, with an even split between overs and unders. Charlotte has a phenomenal record ATS (6-4), despite being 4-6 SU.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Memphis. Memphis ranks 21st in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Charlotte forces the fourth-most turnovers in the league (16.2 percent).
Memphis Grizzlies vs. Charlotte Hornets Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Hornets, ATS Winner – Hornets, O/U – Under
- The Hornets rank 12th in fast break points per game (13.8) while the Grizzlies rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (16.1).
- Memphis ranks first in points in the paint per game (54.6) while Charlotte ranks 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (56.0).
- The Grizzlies average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Hornets rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (9.6).
- Memphis averages 6.0 blocks per game, which is ranked sixth in the NBA. Charlotte ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (5.9).
- Memphis ranks 16th in rebounds per game (45.9) while Charlotte ranks 28th (41.9).
- The Grizzlies rank fourth in assists per game (26.4) while the Hornets rank 27th in assists allowed per game (26.7).
- The Hornets rank 10th in three pointers attempted per game (33.8) while the Grizzlies rank 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (36.0).
- Charlotte averages 12.8 second chance points per game, which ranks 17th in the NBA. Memphis ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (15.8).
- Charlotte averages 18.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Memphis ranks 28th in points off turnovers allowed per game (21.5).
- Charlotte is 1-0 when they allow below 100 points.
- The Grizzlies are 3-5 when they score above 100 points, while the Hornets are 3-3.
- Charlotte is 2-3 ATS at home, while Memphis is 1-3 ATS on the road.
- The Grizzlies have 3 unders and 1 over in 4 road games.
- The Hornets have 3 unders and 2 overs in 5 home games.
- In their last five games, Memphis and Charlotte have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Hornets are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Grizzlies are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Hornets have scored an average of 103.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.8 points per game (4.4 below their season average).
- The Grizzlies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 9.9 for the season.