The McNeese State Cowboys (9-9, 4-3 SthLnd) will be at the University Center to take on the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (5-13, 2-5 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
McNeese State Cowboys at Southeastern Louisiana Lions ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Lions got blown out by the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 76-55, while the Cowboys defeated the New Orleans Privateers, 65-52.
McNeese State was 8-19 on three pointers (42.1 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, was just 4-21 (19.0 percent). Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 27.6). Southeastern Louisiana was lifted by Maxim Romanov, who had 10 points. Sha’markus Kennedy, meanwhile had a good outing for McNeese State, recording 21 points and 14 rebounds.
The Lions dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the most recent matchup, Southeastern Louisiana won 88-52. Southeastern Louisiana was lights out from beyond the arc (16-27; 59.3 percent). McNeese State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.300 vs. 0.235). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It could be a sloppy game for the Southeastern Louisiana offense. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 329th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of McNeese State forces the 95th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.2 percent). Moreover, the Cowboys rank 15th in offensive efficiency (112.1), while the Lions rank 289th in defensive efficiency (104.0).
McNeese State Cowboys vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – McNeese State, ATS Winner – McNeese State, O/U – Over
- McNeese State ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 254th (38.9).
- The Lions average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. The Cowboys rank 181st in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 118th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while McNeese State ranks 230th (24.7).
- The Cowboys rank 21st in assists per game (16.1) while the Lions rank 206th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- McNeese State ranks 36th in blocks per game (4.6) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 199th (1.7).
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 75.8 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (2.8 below their season average).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.4, down from 9.3 for the season.