The Saint Mary’s Gaels welcome the McNeese State Cowboys to McKeon Pavilion to kick off the new season. The game gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
McNeese State Cowboys vs. Saint Mary’s Gaels Betting Odds
Neither team made the tournament last season. Saint Mary’s went 28-5 in the regular season while McNeese State finished 12-17.
Saint Mary’s could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Last season, Saint Mary’s ranked 22nd in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.6 percent), while McNeese State forced the 69th-fewest turnovers (16.9 percent). Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. The fast-paced Cowboys ranked 31st in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Gaels ranked 348th.
McNeese State Cowboys at Saint Mary’s Gaels Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Saint Mary’s, ATS Winner – Saint Mary’s, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Saint Mary’s ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (27.4) while McNeese State ranks 291st (38.6).
- The Gaels rank 10th in three pointers allowed per game (17.2) while the Cowboys rank 146th (21.6).
- McNeese State ranks 206th in steals per game (5.4) while Saint Mary’s ranks 264th (4.4).
- The Gaels rank 54th in assists per game (15.5) while the Cowboys rank 280th (11.3).
- McNeese State ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.6) while Saint Mary’s ranks 211th (2.6).