The McNeese State Cowboys (5-11, 1-2 SthLnd) will be at Lakefront Arena to clash with the New Orleans Privateers (7-7, 2-1 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. Action begins at 5:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
McNeese State Cowboys vs. New Orleans Privateers ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Privateers defeated the Lamar Cardinals, 78-71, while the Cowboys lost a winnable game to the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 73-72.
New Orleans’ 0.525 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Lamar, who had a rate of 0.398. The Privateers’ mark was above their season average of 0.485, while the Cardinals’ was below their season average of 0.517. McNeese State, meanwhile, held Abilene Christian to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 33.5). New Orleans’ Ezekiel Charles had a good outing, recording 22 points and seven rebounds. McNeese State, meanwhile, was led by Roydell Brown, who contributed 15 points and 11 rebounds.
The Privateers dominated this series last year, securing victories in both contests. In the last matchup, New Orleans won 90-74. The Privateers’ 10.3 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Cowboys, who had a rate of 15.2. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This contest should be a matchup of conflicting tempos. New Orleans has preferred to play quickly (35th in possessions per game), while McNeese State has been slower-paced (295th in possessions per game). It could also be a sloppy game for the offense of the Cowboys, which ranks 339th in ball security (turnover percentage of 23.2 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Privateers, which forces the fourth-most turnovers in the nation (25.8 percent).
McNeese State vs. New Orleans Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Under
- New Orleans ranks fourth in steals per game (10.2) while McNeese State ranks 196th (4.3).
- The Cowboys rank 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Privateers rank 139th (4.4).
- New Orleans ranks 260th in three pointers attempted per game (16.6) while McNeese State ranks 261st (16.5).
- The Cowboys rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while the Privateers rank 206th (37.9).
- New Orleans ranks 29th in assists per game (16.6) while McNeese State ranks 196th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- During their last five games, the Privateers have scored an average of 63.6 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.6 points per game (8.0 above their season average).
- The Cowboys have outscored opponents by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. On the season, McNeese State has been defeated by an average of 2.3 points.