The Massachusetts Minutemen (7-9, 1-2 A10) challenge the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (11-5, 3-0 A10) at Blue Cross Arena. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bonnies dismantled the Fordham Rams, 64-44, while the Minutemen were blown out by the 15th-ranked Dayton Flyers, 88-60.
St. Bonaventure dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.491) and a free throw rate of 0.213 (above their season average of 0.187). For those same stats, Fordham put up marks of 0.324 and 0.167, respectively. Massachusetts, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (12-15; 80.0 percent). Osun Osunniyi led the way for St. Bonaventure, contributing six points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Tre Mitchell was a key piece for Massachusetts with 16 points and seven rebounds.
The Bonnies won the only game between these two teams last year, 65-51. One of St. Bonaventure’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 12-13 (92.3 percent), while the Minutemen were just 3-5 (60.0 percent). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
St. Bonaventure should have an advantage on the offensive glass in this battle. The Bonnies rank 96th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.3 percent), while Massachusetts ranks 330th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.3 percent).
Massachusetts vs. St. Bonaventure Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Over
- Massachusetts ranks 31st in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while St. Bonaventure ranks 189th (23.2).
- The Minutemen are 16th in the country with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Bonnies are 46th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- St. Bonaventure averages 6.0 steals per game, which ranks 156th in the country. Massachusetts ranks 170th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- The Bonnies rank 74th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Minutemen rank 228th (38.0).
- St. Bonaventure averages 13.3 assists per game, which ranks 134th in the country. Massachusetts ranks 220th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Bonnies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Minutemen have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (2.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.6 points per game (3.0 above their season average).