The Fordham Rams (7-18, 1-12 A10) welcome the Massachusetts Minutemen (11-15, 5-8 A10) to Rose Hill Gym. The Rams will attempt to snap their seven-game losing streak. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Massachusetts Minutemen at Fordham Rams Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Rams were beaten by the La Salle Explorers, 58-49, while the Minutemen beat the Saint Louis Billikens, 67-63.
Massachusetts’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over Saint Louis. The Minutemen had a rate of 15.4 (better than their season average of 17.1), while the Billikens posted a mark of 19.8 (above their season average of 15.4). Fordham, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (17-23; 73.9 percent). Fordham received a boost from Josh Colon, who contributed 14 points. Tre Mitchell, meanwhile had a good game for Massachusetts, finishing with 24 points.
The Rams won the only game between these two teams last season, 85-67. The Rams’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Minutemen. Fordham had a rate of 9.0, while Massachusetts posted a mark of 22.8. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Fordham. Fordham ranks 205th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the pesky defense of Massachusetts forces the 77th-most turnovers in the nation (21.2 percent).
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. Fordham Rams Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Fordham, ATS Winner – Fordham, O/U – Under
- Massachusetts ranks 21st in three pointers allowed per game (17.5) while Fordham ranks 234th (24.2).
- The Minutemen rank 201st in rebounds allowed per game (36.2) while the Rams rank 240th (37.3).
- Massachusetts ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Fordham ranks 26th (2.5).
- The Rams average 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 73rd in the nation. The Minutemen rank 186th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Massachusetts ranks 139th in assists per game (13.2) while Fordham ranks 240th (11.2).
- The Rams’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 12.8, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Minutemen have scored an average of 63.2 points per game (6.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (0.6 below their season average).