The BYU Cougars (3-2) and the Massachusetts Minutemen (3-2) battle at Barclays Center. Tip-off is set for 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. BYU Cougars Odds Preview
In the Minutemens last outing, they got blown out by the No. 14 Minnesota Golden Gophers, 69-51. Luwane Pipkins had a good game for Massachusetts, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-17 shooting. Minnesota had a better free throw rate (0.127 vs. 0.062). Massachusetts, on the other hand, forced the Golden Gophers into a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above their season average of 11.3).
The Cougars are trying to rebound after their 71-59 loss to the No. 25 Alabama Crimson Tide in their last matchup. Yoeli Childs was the games high scorer with 21 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Alabama held the Cougars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.407 (below their season average of 0.577). BYU, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 24.2).
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this showdown that showcases two of the NCAAs more fast-paced teams. BYU ranks 18th in possessions per game (74.2) and Massachusetts is 52nd (72.6) since the 2016-17 season. Moreover, the Minutemen rank 258th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.227), while the Cougars rank 36th in opponents FTA rate (0.200).
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. BYU Cougars Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Massachusetts, ATS Winner – Massachusetts, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Minutemen rank 39th in assists per game (15.9) while the Cougars rank 226th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Massachusetts averages 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. BYU ranks 74th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Massachusetts ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while BYU ranks 283rd (24.2).
- The Cougars average 40.7 rebounds per game, which ranks eighth in the NCAA. The Minutemen rank 216th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Massachusetts averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 39th in the nation. BYU ranks 236th in steals allowed per game (6.9).