The Quinnipiac Bobcats (1-5), who are currently on a five-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Massachusetts Minutemen (3-3) to TD Bank Sports Center. Massachusetts is a 9-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 141.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats ATS Preview
The Minutemen lost a close one to the BYU Cougars in their last matchup, 68-66. With 16 points on 6-for-8 shooting, Rashaan Holloway was Massachusetts high scorer. BYU had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 26.4). Massachusetts, meanwhile, held the Cougars to an effective field goal percentage of 0.394 (below their season average of 0.539).
The last time the Bobcats played, they were defeated by the Maine Black Bears, 78-72. Chaise Daniels was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Maine had an effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.393). Quinnipiac, meanwhile, forced the Black Bears into a turnover percentage of 30.6 (above their season average of 18.7).
The offense of Quinnipiac will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Massachusetts. Dating back to last season, the Bobcats rank 244th in offensive efficiency, while the Minutemen are 94th in defensive efficiency. The Minutemen figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. ,
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Massachusetts games have gone under 60.0 percent of the time, while games featuring Quinnipiac have finished under 60.0 percent of the time. The Minutemen hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 3-3 SU and 3-2 ATS, while the Bobcats are 1-5 SU and 1-3-1 ATS.
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Massachusetts, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Minutemen average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 22nd in the nation. The Bobcats rank 143rd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Massachusetts ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Quinnipiac ranks 103rd (20.2).
- Massachusetts averages 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 34th in the nation. Quinnipiac ranks 289th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Minutemen rank 48th in steals per game (7.3) while the Bobcats rank 268th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Quinnipiac averages 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 40th in the NCAA. Massachusetts ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).