The Massachusetts Minutemen (1-0) will travel to Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard to meet the Fairfield Stags (0-1). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. Fairfield Stags ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Stags were beaten by the Bucknell Bison, 68-64, while the Minutemen were victorious over the UMass Lowell River Hawks, 79-64.
The Minutemen had a much better turnover percentage (12.3 vs. 20.7) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.555 vs. 0.425). Fairfield, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 20.0). Jesus Cruz had a solid performance for Fairfield, putting up 24 points. Massachusetts received a boost from T.J. Weeks, who contributed 23 points.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Massachusetts offense. Since last season, Massachusetts ranks 284th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Fairfield has forced the 44th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.6 percent).
Massachusetts vs. Fairfield Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Massachusetts, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Fairfield ranks 118th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while Massachusetts ranks 263rd (14.8).
- The Minutemen rank 172nd in blocks per game (3.0) while the Stags rank 252nd (2.1).
- Fairfield is 18th in the NCAA with 18.8 three pointers allowed per game while Massachusetts is 27th with 19.2 three pointers allowed per game.
- The Stags rank 127th in steals per game (6.4) while the Minutemen rank 247th (5.0).
- Massachusetts ranks 188th in rebounds per game (34.9) while Fairfield ranks 297th (31.5).