The 15th-ranked Dayton Flyers (13-2, 2-0 A10) welcome the Massachusetts Minutemen (7-8, 1-1 A10) to University of Dayton Arena. The Minutemen can put an end to a six-game road losing streak. The game starts at 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020, and will air on NBC Sports Network.
Massachusetts Minutemen at Dayton Flyers ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Flyers defeated the Saint Joseph’s Hawks 80-67, while the Minutemen beat the La Salle Explorers 77-69.
The Minutemen had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.408 (above their season average of 0.207) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.504). Dayton, meanwhile, dominated every stat category in their game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 16.9) and a free throw rate of 0.279 (above their season average of 0.212). Saint Joseph’s was 15.6 and 0.236, respectively, for those same stats. Dayton was led by Jalen Crutcher, who had 10 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Samba Diallo played a pivotal role for Massachusetts with 12 points, 12 rebounds and six assists.
The Flyers dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent game, Dayton won 72-48. One of Dayton’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They made 25 trips to the line, while Massachusetts went just 13 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The prolific offense of Dayton will square off against the mid-tier defense of Massachusetts. The Flyers currently rank second in offensive efficiency, while the Minutemen are 217th in defensive efficiency. The Flyers figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Massachusetts Minutemen vs. Dayton Flyers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Massachusetts, O/U – Under
- Dayton averages 19.6 assists per game, which ranks second in the NCAA. Massachusetts ranks 209th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Minutemen are 25th in the nation with 2.4 blocks allowed per game while the Flyers are 50th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- Massachusetts ranks 32nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Dayton ranks 54th (19.4).
- The Flyers rank 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.5) while the Minutemen rank 208th (37.9).
- Dayton ranks 25th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Massachusetts ranks 163rd (7.6).
- During their last five games, the Flyers have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.0 points per game (2.3 below their season average).
- The Minutemen’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 0.6 for the season.