It will be a battle between two superb defenses when the Wisconsin Badgers (10-6, 3-2 Big 10) square off with the 17th-ranked Maryland Terrapins (13-3, 3-2 Big 10) at Kohl Center. The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
Maryland Terrapins vs. Wisconsin Badgers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Badgers beat the 20th-ranked Penn State Nittany Lions, 58-49, while the Terrapins were blown out by the Iowa Hawkeyes, 67-49.
Wisconsin dominated nearly every facet of the contest. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 26.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.455 (below their season average of 0.509). Penn State put up marks of 16.2 and 0.375, respectively, for those same stats. Maryland, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.212 vs. 0.197). Micah Potter was a key piece for Wisconsin with 24 points and 13 rebounds. Jalen Smith, meanwhile played well for Maryland, recording 13 points and five rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Badgers won the last matchup 69-61. Wisconsin’s 0.286 free throw rate was their largest strength over Maryland, who had a mark of 0.054. This will be the first meeting of the year between these two teams.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Wisconsin figures to have a significant advantage. The Badgers defense ranks 96th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.464), while the Maryland offense is ranked 296th in effective field goal percentage (0.474). Also, the Terrapins rank 34th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.6 percent), while the Badgers rank 32nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent).
Maryland Terrapins vs. Wisconsin Badgers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Over
- Wisconsin ranks 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while Maryland ranks 203rd (23.7).
- The Badgers rank 31st in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Terrapins rank 109th (12.3).
- Wisconsin ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Maryland ranks 83rd (6.3).
- The Terrapins rank 12th in rebounds per game (41.5) while the Badgers rank 181st (34.6).
- Wisconsin ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Maryland ranks 130th (4.1).
- The Badgers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.0, up from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terrapins have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.6 points per game (1.1 below their season average).