The ninth-ranked Maryland Terrapins (22-5, 12-4 Big 10) will be at Williams Arena to meet the Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-13, 7-9 Big 10) in a Big 10 matchup. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Maryland Terrapins vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Golden Gophers easily got past the Northwestern Wildcats, 83-57, while the Terrapins were beaten by the 25th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes, 79-72.
Minnesota played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 31.0) and a free throw rate of 0.145 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Northwestern was 14.3 and 0.097, respectively. Maryland, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.549 (above their season average of 0.485). Minnesota received a boost from Daniel Oturu, who recorded 22 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Aaron Wiggins fueled Maryland with 20 points.
The Terrapins dominated this series last year, taking both contests. In the most recent game, Maryland won 69-60. The Terrapins’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Golden Gophers. Maryland had a rate of 36.1, while Minnesota posted a mark of 25.7. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Minnesota ranks 268th in possessions per game (67.3) and Maryland is 283rd (67.1). Additionally, the defense of the Terrapins should have an edge in terms of effective field goal percentage. They rank 20th in the country with an opponents’ effective field goal percentage of 0.448, while the offense of the Golden Gophers ranks 260th in effective field goal percentage (0.484).
Maryland Terrapins at Minnesota Golden Gophers ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Minnesota, ATS Winner – Minnesota, O/U – Under
- Minnesota ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Maryland ranks 187th (22.6).
- The Golden Gophers rank 34th in assists per game (15.0) while the Terrapins rank 130th (13.3).
- Minnesota ranks 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Maryland ranks 66th (5.7).
- The Terrapins rank 42nd in rebounds per game (38.8) while the Golden Gophers rank 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- Minnesota ranks 24th in blocks per game (4.8) while Maryland ranks 132nd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Terrapins have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (5.4 above their season average).
- The Golden Gophers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 4.2 for the season.