The Iowa Hawkeyes (10-5, 1-3 Big 10) and their sensational offense host the 12th-ranked Maryland Terrapins (13-2, 3-1 Big 10) and their exceptional defense. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 10, 2020.
Maryland Terrapins vs. Iowa Hawkeyes ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Hawkeyes were beaten by the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 76-70, while the Terrapins defeated the 11th-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes, 67-55.
The Terrapins made 17 of their 24 free throws (70.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (above their season average of 0.477). Iowa, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.4 (above their season average of 33.4). Luka Garza was a key piece for Iowa with 16 points and 18 rebounds. Maryland was lifted by Anthony Cowan Jr., who recorded 20 points and six rebounds.
The Terrapins won the only contest between these two teams last year, 66-65. Maryland was lights out from beyond the arc (12-28; 42.9 percent). Iowa, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Iowa (16th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 113.0) takes on the stingy defense of Maryland (21st in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 87.5).
Maryland Terrapins vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Iowa, ATS Winner – Maryland, O/U – Under
- Iowa ranks eighth in assists per game (17.9) while Maryland ranks 160th (12.7).
- The Terrapins rank 28th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Hawkeyes rank 115th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Terrapins rank sixth in rebounds per game (42.1) while the Hawkeyes rank 125th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8).
- Iowa ranks 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while Maryland ranks 198th in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- The Terrapins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 13.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawkeyes have scored an average of 82.0 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average).