An eight-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the North Carolina Central Eagles (12-13, 8-3 MEAC) when they welcome the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (5-21, 4-7 MEAC) to McDougald-McLendon Gymnasium. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at North Carolina Central Eagles Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Eagles were beaten by the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 77-60, while the Hawks were victorious over the Florida A&M Rattlers, 81-71.
Maryland Eastern Shore dominated every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 48.5 (above their season average of 24.3) and a free throw rate of 0.200 (above their season average of 0.153). For those same stats, Florida A&M was 27.6 and 0.167, respectively. North Carolina Central, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.212 vs. 0.203). C.J. Keyser fueled North Carolina Central with 20 points. Maryland Eastern Shore, meanwhile, was led by Da’Shawn Phillip, who recorded 14 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Jibri Blount led the Eagles to a 69-64 win. He produced 19 points and eight rebounds. The Eagles’ 15.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Hawks, who had a mark of 20.9.
It might be a sloppy game for the North Carolina Central offense. North Carolina Central ranks 341st in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.8 percent), while the pesky defense of Maryland Eastern Shore forces the 53rd-most turnovers in the country (21.9 percent). Moreover, the Hawks rank 352nd in offensive efficiency (82.3), while the Eagles rank 33rd in defensive efficiency (93.1).
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at North Carolina Central Eagles Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Over
- North Carolina Central averages 8.8 steals per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 186th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- The Eagles rank 134th in assists per game (13.3) while the Hawks rank 252nd (10.9).
- Maryland Eastern Shore blocks 3.5 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 88th in the NCAA. North Carolina Central ranks 95th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Hawks rank 111th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while the Eagles rank 241st (18.9).
- North Carolina Central ranks 155th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 285th (39.6).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (10.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (6.1 below their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, up from 2.2 for the season.