The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (2-13) travel to Hill Field House to challenge the Morgan State Bears (5-8). The Hawks will attempt to snap their five-game losing streak. The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Morgan State Bears Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Bears were blown out by the ninth-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 100-77, while the Hawks were beaten by the Georgetown Hoyas, 68-53.
Maryland Eastern Shore had a better turnover percentage (19.3 vs. 23.9) while Morgan State had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 15.1). Isaiah Burke played a key role for Morgan State with 17 points. Bryan Urrutia, meanwhile played well for Maryland Eastern Shore, contributing 13 points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Bears won the sole game between these two teams last season, 85-82. Getting to the free throw line was one of Morgan State’s largest advantages. They made 35 trips to the line, while Maryland Eastern Shore went just 14 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Morgan State in this matchup. The Bears are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 59th in offensive rebounding percentage at 31.2 percent. Meanwhile, Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 325th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 68.1 percent.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at Morgan State Bears ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Morgan State, O/U – Over
- Morgan State ranks 112th in rebounds per game (35.4) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 244th (29.7).
- The Bears rank 67th in steals per game (8.0) while the Hawks rank 97th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- The Hawks rank 166th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while the Bears rank 265th (17.4).
- Morgan State ranks 185th in assists per game (11.1) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 229th (10.3).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 48.2 points per game (7.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (0.6 above their season average).
- The Bears’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 7.3 for the season.