The Georgetown Hoyas (2-0) will be at home in Verizon Center when they take on the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (1-1). Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Georgetown Hoyas Betting Preview
In the Hawks last game, they lost big to the Maryland Terrapins, 96-43. With 18 points on 8-for-17 shooting, Cameron Bacote was the games leading scorer. One of Marylands largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 33 free throw attempts, while Maryland Eastern Shore had just six.
The Hoyas hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Mount St. Marys Mountaineers in their last matchup, 102-68. With 20 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Jessie Govan was Georgetowns high scorer. Georgetown played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 46.7 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.654. For those same stats, Mount St. Marys put up marks of 15.9 and 0.446, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Georgetown figures to have a considerable edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Hoyas defense ranks 45th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while the Maryland Eastern Shore offense ranks 254th in effective field goal percentage (0.490).
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. Georgetown Hoyas ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hawks rank 96th in three pointers attempted per game (22.8) while the Hoyas rank 255th (18.8).
- Maryland Eastern Shore averages 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 205th in the nation. Georgetown ranks 221st in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Georgetown ranks 56th in assists per game (15.4) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 242nd in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- The Hoyas rank 43rd in blocks per game (4.6) while the Hawks rank 220th (2.6).
- Georgetown ranks 128th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 299th (38.9).