The East Carolina Pirates (3-7) welcome the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (1-10) to Williams Arena at Minges Coliseum. The Hawks can end a nine-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks at East Carolina Pirates ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Pirates were victorious over the Campbell Fighting Camels 79-67, while the Hawks had no trouble getting past the Clarks Summit Defenders 85-39.
Maryland Eastern Shore played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 21.8 (worse than their season average of 21.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (above their season average of 21.9). Clarks Summit recorded marks of 49.6 and 11.1, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, East Carolina dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.510 (above their season average of 0.273) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.520 (above their season average of 0.455). Campbell recorded marks of 0.141 and 0.453, respectively, for those same stats. Jayden Gardner had a solid outing for East Carolina with 22 points and six rebounds. Da’Shawn Phillip, meanwhile played well for Maryland Eastern Shore, recording 12 points and six steals.
The Pirates won the only contest between these two teams last year, 70-47. East Carolina’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Pirates had more offensive rebounds (15 vs. 8), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 20) and total rebounds (42 vs. 28). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The physical East Carolina offense seems poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Pirates currently rank 17th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.293, while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 260th in FTA rate allowed (0.227). Furthermore, the Hawks, who rank 313th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.0 percent), will go head-to-head against the Pirates, who rank 35th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent).
Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks vs. East Carolina Pirates Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – East Carolina, ATS Winner – East Carolina, O/U – Over
- East Carolina ranks 113th in rebounds per game (36.8) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 258th (29.8).
- The Pirates rank 104th in blocks per game (3.2) while the Hawks rank 106th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Pirates average 13.0 assists per game, which ranks 139th in the NCAA. The Hawks rank 203rd in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 199th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while East Carolina ranks 208th in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 54.8 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (8.0 below their season average).
- The Pirates’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 2.4 for the season.