Expect a fast-paced game when the Marshall Thundering Herd (12-13, 6-6 CUSA) head to UTSA to play the Roadrunners (11-14, 5-7 CUSA). Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Marshall Thundering Herd at UTSA Roadrunners ATS Odds
In their last game, the Roadrunners were beaten by the Charlotte 49ers, 91-84, while the Thundering Herd defeated the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 83-79.
The Thundering Herd forced 18 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.577 (above their season average of 0.502). UTSA, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 15.9). Jhivvan Jackson fueled UTSA with 25 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Mikel Beyers had a good game for Marshall, putting up 24 points and six rebounds.
The Roadrunners won the sole game between these two teams last season, 116-106. UTSA made good use of their 35 trips to the charity stripe, making 28 of them (80.0 percent). Marshall, on the other hand, was just 9-15 (60.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this battle that features two of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. UTSA currently ranks 20th in possessions per game (74.4) and Marshall is 16th (74.7).
Marshall Thundering Herd vs. UTSA Roadrunners ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Marshall, ATS Winner – Marshall, O/U – Over
- UTSA averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 51st in the NCAA. Marshall ranks 275th in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- The Thundering Herd rank eighth in blocks per game (5.7) while the Roadrunners rank 149th (2.8).
- Marshall ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while UTSA ranks 132nd (12.5).
- The Thundering Herd rank 86th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Roadrunners rank 234th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- Marshall ranks 15th in steals per game (8.8) while UTSA ranks 158th (6.0).
- During their last five games, the Roadrunners have scored an average of 81.4 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.8 points per game (6.0 above their season average).
- The Thundering Herd’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 2.6 for the season.