The Marshall Thundering Herd (14-14, 8-7 CUSA) will be at Bartow Arena to go head-to-head against the UAB Blazers (16-12, 7-8 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Marshall Thundering Herd at UAB Blazers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Blazers fell to the Florida Atlantic Owls, 65-58, while the Thundering Herd defeated the Old Dominion Monarchs, 74-66.
Marshall played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.4 (better than their season average of 17.6) and a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.178). Old Dominion had marks of 17.1 and 0.203, respectively, for those same stats. UAB, meanwhile, held Florida Atlantic to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.8 (below their season average of 30.0). UAB received a boost from Tavin Lovan, who put up 19 points. Jannson Williams, meanwhile led the way for Marshall, finishing with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Makhtar Gueye led the Blazers to a 61-50 win. He produced 15 points and seven rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of UAB’s biggest strengths. They made 31 trips to the line, while Marshall went just seven times.
Expect UAB to dominate the offensive glass in this battle. The Blazers are among the country’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 49th in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.6 percent. Meanwhile, Marshall ranks 333rd in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 67.4 percent. This contest should be a matchup of contrasting paces. The up-tempo Thundering Herd rank 15th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Blazers rank 319th.
Marshall Thundering Herd vs. UAB Blazers Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UAB, ATS Winner – UAB, O/U – Over
- UAB ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (30.1) while Marshall ranks 283rd (40.8).
- The Thundering Herd rank fourth in blocks per game (6.0) while the Blazers rank 150th (2.9).
- Marshall ranks 115th in assists per game (13.5) while UAB ranks 253rd (10.5).
- The Thundering Herd rank 67th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while the Blazers rank 301st (16.3).
- Marshall averages 8.4 steals per game, which ranks 22nd in the nation. UAB ranks 168th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Thundering Herd have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (4.7 below their season average).
- The Blazers have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. On the season, UAB has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.