The Marshall Thundering Herd (3-6) will travel to Ellis T Johnson Arena to take on the Morehead State Eagles (5-5). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 16, 2019.
Marshall Thundering Herd at Morehead State Eagles Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Eagles were beaten by the Illinois State Redbirds, 61-50, while the Thundering Herd won big over the Bluefield State Big Blues, 86-50.
Marshall dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.239 (above their season average of 0.160) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.522 (above their season average of 0.489). Bluefield State was 0.118 and 0.309, respectively, for those same stats. Morehead State, meanwhile, held Illinois State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below their season average of 31.5). Morehead State was led by Tyzhaun Claude, who contributed six points and seven rebounds. Jarrod West, meanwhile had a good game for Marshall, contributing 18 points, seven rebounds and six steals.
The Thundering Herd won the sole game between these two teams last year, 76-64. Marshall had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.534 vs. 0.404). Morehead State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.316 vs. 0.220).
This contest should be a matchup of contrasting styles. Marshall ranks 17th in possessions per game (76.0) while Morehead State is 192nd (70.2) dating back to last season.
Marshall Thundering Herd at Morehead State Eagles ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Morehead State, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Morehead State ranks 59th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Marshall ranks 250th in rebounds allowed per game (41.9).
- The Eagles average 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. The Thundering Herd rank 130th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Morehead State ranks 114th in assists per game (13.4) while Marshall ranks 128th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- The Thundering Herd rank 25th in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while the Eagles rank 199th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- Marshall ranks 23rd in blocks per game (5.2) while Morehead State ranks 157th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).