Offense meets defense when the Marquette Golden Eagles (6-3) travel to Wisconsin to take on the Badgers (4-6). Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Marquette Golden Eagles at Wisconsin Badgers Odds Preview
In the Golden Eagles last contest, they were victorious over the Vermont Catamounts, 91-81. Markus Howard was the games leading scorer with 34 points on 11-for-20 shooting. Marquette dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 15.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.650 (above their season average of 0.560). For those same stats, Vermont put up marks of 16.4 and 0.585, respectively.
The Badgers are hoping for a better outcome after their 59-55 loss to the Temple Owls in their last game. Ethan Happ was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 11-for-19 shooting. Temple had a better free throw rate (0.151 vs. 0.071). Wisconsin, meanwhile, held the Owls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 30.3).
Wisconsin should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Badgers rank 88th in offensive efficiency, while the Golden Eagles rank 315th in defensive efficiency.
The Badgers won the sole contest against the Golden Eagles last season, 93-84. The Badgers played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.7 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.6. The Golden Eagles were 15.0 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Marquette Golden Eagles at Wisconsin Badgers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Wisconsin, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Eagles rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while the Badgers rank 107th (3.2).
- Marquette ranks 30th in steals allowed per game (6.2) while Wisconsin ranks 61st (5.4).
- Wisconsin ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while Marquette ranks 228th (15.6).
- The Golden Eagles rank seventh in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the Badgers rank 170th (21.2).
- Wisconsin ranks 162nd in rebounds per game (36.0) while Marquette ranks 294th (32.7).