Expect a high-scoring game when the Marquette Golden Eagles (12-5, 2-3 Big East) challenge the Georgetown Hoyas (12-6, 2-3 Big East) at Capital One Arena. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Marquette Golden Eagles at Georgetown Hoyas ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Hoyas barely escaped the 25th-ranked Creighton Bluejays 83-80, while the Golden Eagles dismantled the Xavier Musketeers 85-65.
The Golden Eagles had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 28.5) and held the Musketeers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.406 (below their season average of 0.491). The Hoyas, on the other hand, knocked down 16 of their 20 free throws (80.0 percent) and held the Bluejays to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 (below the 26.6 mark opponents have averaged against Georgetown this season). Omer Yurtseven put together a solid outing for Georgetown with 20 points and 13 rebounds. Marquette, meanwhile, was lifted by Markus Howard, who recorded 35 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Hoyas won 86-84. Georgetown did a great job of getting and making free throws (29-39; 74.4 percent). Marquette, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (5.7 vs. 12.8). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
The aggressive Georgetown offense could be getting to the free throw line a lot in this meeting. The Hoyas rank 47th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.270, while Marquette ranks 199th in FTA rate allowed (0.223).
Marquette Golden Eagles at Georgetown Hoyas Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Over
- Marquette ranks 65th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Georgetown ranks 246th (17.9).
- The Hoyas rank 33rd in blocks per game (4.7) while the Golden Eagles rank 99th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Hoyas average 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 33rd in the country. The Golden Eagles rank 170th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- Marquette ranks 98th in assists per game (13.9) while Georgetown ranks 217th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Hoyas have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Georgetown has defeated opponents by an average of 5.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 73.2 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.4 points per game (5.5 above their season average).