The 19th-ranked Marquette Golden Eagles (17-8, 7-6 Big East) will be at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center to take on the Providence Friars (15-12, 8-6 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Marquette Golden Eagles at Providence Friars ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Friars beat the Georgetown Hoyas, 73-63, while the Golden Eagles fell to the 15th-ranked Creighton Bluejays, 73-65.
Providence dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had a turnover percentage of 14.5 (better than their season average of 16.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.526 (above their season average of 0.462). For those same stats, Georgetown put up marks of 19.4 and 0.432, respectively. Marquette, meanwhile, held Creighton to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.6 (below their season average of 23.6). Providence’s Alpha Diallo played well, finishing with 18 points and eight rebounds. Marquette rallied around Theo John, who contributed 12 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Maliek White led the Friars to an 81-80 win. He produced 19 points and five rebounds. One of Providence’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 36 free throw attempts, while Marquette had 23.
The Golden Eagles’ Koby McEwen has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 14 points,7.6 rebounds,3.8 assists per game. Meanwhile, Diallo has averaged 17 points,8.6 rebounds,1.2 blocks during that same time frame for the Friars.
Marquette could dominate on defense as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Golden Eagles rank 42nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.458), while Providence is 317th in effective field goal percentage (0.464).
Marquette vs. Providence Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Providence, ATS Winner – Marquette, O/U – Over
- Providence ranks 28th in steals per game (8.3) while Marquette ranks 214th (5.2).
- The Golden Eagles rank 34th in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while the Friars rank 130th (22.2).
- Providence ranks 55th in assists per game (14.7) while Marquette ranks 146th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- The Golden Eagles average 39.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. The Friars rank 189th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- Marquette ranks 30th in blocks per game (4.6) while Providence ranks 136th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Friars have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.2, down from 7.5 for the season.