The Indiana Hoosiers (2-0) will be at home in Assembly Hall when they square off with the 24th-ranked Marquette Golden Eagles (2-0). Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Marquette Golden Eagles vs. Indiana Hoosiers Betting Odds
Both teams easily got past their last opponent. The Hoosiers defeated the Montana State Bobcats 80-35, while the Golden Eagles beat the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 92-59.
The Golden Eagles had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.632 vs. 0.312) and had a much better free throw rate (0.351 vs. 0.232). Indiana, meanwhile, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.175 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.614. For those same stats, Montana State was 0.073 and 0.282, respectively. Juwan Morgan played a pivotal role for Indiana with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Markus Howard, meanwhile had a good game for Marquette, finishing with 37 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
The offensive glass could be a major edge for Indiana in this contest. Dating back to last season, the Hoosiers rank 78th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.0 percent), while Marquette ranks 230th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.5 percent).
Marquette Golden Eagles at Indiana Hoosiers Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Marquette, ATS Winner – Marquette, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Marquette ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while Indiana ranks 259th (19.5).
- The Hoosiers rank 101st in assists per game (14.5) while the Golden Eagles rank 234th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Indiana ranks 97th in steals per game (6.7) while Marquette ranks 119th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Golden Eagles rank 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Hoosiers rank 207th (3.8).
- Indiana ranks 131st in rebounds per game (36.1) while Marquette ranks 281st (32.7).