The Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks (1-1) will be at home in Costello Athletic Center when they meet the Marist Red Foxes (0-1). Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Marist Red Foxes at Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks Odds Preview
The Red Foxes lost to the Lehigh Mountain Hawks in their last matchup, 84-76. With 22 points on 5-for-14 shooting, Brian Parker was Marists leading scorer. Lehigh had a much better turnover percentage (8.8 vs. 19.1). Marist, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.345 vs. 0.160).
In the River Hawks last game, they blew out the Massachusetts-Boston Beacons, 102-63. Massachusetts-Lowells Connor Bennett was a key piece with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Massachusetts-Lowell dominated every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.484 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5. For those same stats, Massachusetts-Boston had marks of 0.197 and 18.0, respectively.
Massachusetts-Lowell could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the River Hawks rank 30th in effective field goal percentage (0.549), while Marist ranks 279th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.524).
The Red Foxes won the lone game against the River Hawks last season, 81-69. The Red Foxes played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.377 and a turnover percentage of 12.1. For those same stats, the River Hawks were 0.220 and 16.6, respectively.
Marist Red Foxes vs. Massachusetts-Lowell River Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Marist, ATS Winner – Marist, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Foxes rank 189th in steals allowed per game (6.5) while the River Hawks rank 272nd (8.6).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Marist ranks 100th (3.1).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 35th in assists per game (15.9) while Marist ranks 284th (11.1).
- The Red Foxes average 23.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 91st in the NCAA. The River Hawks rank 237th in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- Massachusetts-Lowell ranks 155th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9) while Marist ranks 292nd (38.4).