The winless Marist Red Foxes (0-6) travel to McAlister Field House to square off with the Citadel Bulldogs (3-3). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 172 points with Citadel set as a 3-point favorite. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Marist Red Foxes at Citadel Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Red Foxes lost big to the Oregon State Beavers in their last outing, 65-46. With 17 points on 7-for-17 shooting, Brian Parker was the games leading scorer. Oregon State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 32.6). Marist, on the other hand, forced the Beavers into a turnover percentage of 20.4 (above the 12.7 mark opponents have averaged against Marist this season).
In the Bulldogs last game, they were dismantled by the Florida State Seminoles, 113-78. Matt Frierson was Citadels high scorer with 18 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Florida States 0.613 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Citadel, who had a mark of 0.417. The Seminoles mark was below their season average of 0.622, while the Bulldogs was below their season average of 0.530.
It will be a battle of contrasting paces as the fast-breaking Bulldogs will look to push the slower-paced Red Foxes. Dating back to last season, the Bulldogs rank first in possessions per game while the Red Foxes are 195th.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Marist games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while games including Citadel have gone over 100.0 percent of the time. The Bulldogs hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (3-3 vs. 0-6), but the Red Foxes have been better against the spread (ATS) (1-2 vs. 0-2).
Marist Red Foxes vs. Citadel Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Citadel, ATS Winner – Citadel, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank second in three pointers attempted per game (35.2) while the Red Foxes rank 185th in three pointers allowed per game (21.6).
- Marist ranks 84th in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while Citadel ranks 242nd (4.3).
- Citadel ranks ninth in assists per game (17.3) while Marist ranks 302nd (11.1).
- The Bulldogs rank third in steals per game (9.9) while the Red Foxes rank 280th (4.7).
- Citadel ranks 87th in rebounds per game (37.5) while Marist ranks 313th (31.3).