The Marist Red Foxes (1-2) will travel to William R. Johnson Coliseum to clash with the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (2-1). The game begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
Marist Red Foxes vs. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Lumberjacks got blown out by the Miami (FL) Hurricanes, 96-58, while the Red Foxes fell to the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 78-72.
Marist did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (11-14; 78.6 percent) while Stephen F. Austin had a better offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 vs. 45.9). Karl Nicholas played a pivotal role for Stephen F. Austin with 17 points and eight rebounds. Marist was led by Brian Parker, who finished with 17 points and five assists.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Stephen F. Austin should have a substantial advantage. Since the 2017-18 season, the Lumberjacks offense ranks 55th in that metric at 0.541, while the Marist defense ranks 292nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.528). Ball security could be troublesome for the Red Foxes. They rank 340th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.7 percent), while the Lumberjacks have forced the most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 26.9 percent).
Marist Red Foxes vs. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Marist, ATS Winner – Marist, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Stephen F. Austin ranks second in steals per game (9.9) while Marist ranks 276th (4.3).
- The Lumberjacks rank 125th in assists per game (14.2) while the Red Foxes rank 277th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 171st in blocks per game (3.2) while Marist ranks 258th (2.3).
- The Lumberjacks rank 50th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while the Red Foxes rank 296th (25.2).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Marist ranks 233rd (36.3).