The Quinnipiac Bobcats (13-15, 8-10 MAAC) wrap up their home schedule at People’s United Center against the Marist Red Foxes (7-20, 6-12 MAAC). Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Marist Red Foxes vs. Quinnipiac Bobcats ATS Odds
In their last game, the Bobcats barely escaped the Fairfield Stags, 60-58, while the Red Foxes lost a tough one against the Siena Saints, 52-50.
Quinnipiac’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Fairfield. The Bobcats had a rate of 0.482 (below their season average of 0.511), while the Stags posted a mark of 0.405 (below the 0.495 mark opponents have averaged against Quinnipiac this season). Marist, on the other hand, forced Siena into a turnover percentage of 23.1 (above their season average of 16.5). Kevin Marfo put together a good game for Quinnipiac with nine points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jordan Jones played well for Marist, putting up 12 points.
In their first matchup this year, Rich Kelly led the Bobcats to a 63-58 win. He put up 18 points. Quinnipiac’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Bobcats had 14 offensive rebounds and 41 total rebounds, while the Red Foxes had four and 27, respectively.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Quinnipiac. Quinnipiac ranks 276th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Marist forces the 77th-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent). Also, the Red Foxes, who rank 310th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.189), could struggle to get to the line against the Bobcats, who rank 11th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.157).
Marist Red Foxes at Quinnipiac Bobcats Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Quinnipiac, ATS Winner – Quinnipiac, O/U – Under
- Quinnipiac ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (28.5) while Marist ranks 176th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- The Red Foxes rank 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Bobcats rank 76th (3.0).
- Quinnipiac averages 36.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 116th in the NCAA. Marist ranks 151st in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- The Red Foxes rank 101st in steals per game (6.8) while the Bobcats rank 248th (4.4).
- Quinnipiac ranks 115th in assists per game (13.5) while Marist ranks 261st (10.6).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average).
- The Red Foxes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 4.3 for the season.