The Manhattan Jaspers (6-5, 2-0 MAAC) will be at Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard to challenge the Fairfield Stags (5-9, 1-2 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 10, 2020.
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Fairfield Stags Betting Odds
In their last game, the Stags were beaten by the Marist Red Foxes, 70-58, while the Jaspers beat the Niagara Purple Eagles, 67-62.
Manhattan played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.211 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 26.9). For those same stats, Niagara was 0.119 and 26.3, respectively. Fairfield, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (17-24; 70.8 percent). Taj Benning played a key role for Fairfield with 10 points and six assists. Tykei Greene, meanwhile had a good outing for Manhattan, finishing with 21 points and five rebounds.
The Jaspers edged out the Stags in this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the most recent game, Manhattan won 57-53. Manhattan’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Fairfield. The Jaspers had a rate of 0.432, while the Stags posted a mark of 0.227. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams clash. Fairfield currently ranks 332nd in possessions per game (65.9) and Manhattan is 286th (67.6).
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Fairfield Stags ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Fairfield, ATS Winner – Manhattan, O/U – Under
- Fairfield ranks 50th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while Manhattan ranks 210th (38.0).
- The Jaspers average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 67th in the NCAA. The Stags rank 77th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- The Jaspers rank 107th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Stags rank 255th (17.1).
- Manhattan ranks 161st in assists per game (12.7) while Fairfield ranks 241st (10.1).
- The Stags’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jaspers have scored an average of 60.2 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average).