The Manhattan Jaspers (11-10, 7-5 MAAC) will be at the Hynes Athletics Center to clash against the Iona Gaels (7-12, 5-7 MAAC) in a MAAC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
Manhattan Jaspers vs. Iona Gaels ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Gaels easily got past the Fairfield Stags 78-54, while the Jaspers edged the Quinnipiac Bobcats 65-63.
Manhattan’s turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Quinnipiac. The Jaspers had a rate of 13.2 (better than their season average of 18.1), while the Bobcats posted a mark of 31.9 (above their season average of 17.4). Meanwhile, Iona played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.681 (above their season average of 0.494) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 25.0). Fairfield was 0.400 and 27.3, respectively, for those same stats. Isaiah Ross fueled Iona with 23 points. Meanwhile, Pauly Paulicap played well for Manhattan, finishing with 15 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Christian Hinckson led the Jaspers to a 72-49 victory. He produced 12 points, six rebounds and six assists. Manhattan out-rebounded Iona. The Jaspers had more offensive rebounds (21 vs. 10), defensive rebounds (23 vs. 17) and total rebounds (44 vs. 27).
Iona might have a tough time scoring as they face off against one of the country’s best defenses. Manhattan ranks 56th in defensive efficiency, while the Gaels rank 260th in offensive efficiency.
Manhattan Jaspers at Iona Gaels Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Iona, ATS Winner – Iona, O/U – Under
- Manhattan ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (18.5) while Iona ranks 213th (23.4).
- The Jaspers rank 68th in steals per game (7.4) while the Gaels rank 158th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Jaspers rank 75th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while the Gaels rank 231st (15.4).
- Manhattan ranks 138th in rebounds per game (35.8) while Iona ranks 249th (32.8).
- The Jaspers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gaels have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (0.6 below their season average).