The Maine Black Bears (3-13, 0-1 AmEast), who are currently on a five-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they head to Events Center to meet the Binghamton Bearcats (9-6). Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Maine Black Bears at Binghamton Bearcats Betting Preview
In the Black Bears last outing, they lost a close one to the Stony Brook Seawolves, 71-70. With 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Aaron Calixte was the top scorer from either team. Stony Brook had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.9 (above their season average of 31.3). Maine, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.534 (above their season average of 0.453).
The Bearcats come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Elmira Soaring Eagles in their last contest, 113-65. With 19 points on 9-for-11 shooting, Willie Rodriguez was the games leading scorer. Binghamton dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.190) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.746 (above their season average of 0.545). For those same stats, Elmira was 0.088 and 0.434, respectively.
This game should be a showdown of opposite styles. Maine has preferred an up-and-down style of play (82nd in possessions per game), while Binghamton has been more half-court-oriented (301st in possessions per game).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Black Bears won the most recent matchup 72-71. Maine launched 19 three pointers, making eight of them (42.1 percent). Binghamton was, meanwhile, 5-20 (25.0 percent).
Maine Black Bears vs. Binghamton Bearcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Binghamton, ATS Winner – Binghamton, O/U – Under
- inghamton ranks 99th in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while Maine ranks 232nd (39.1).
- he Black Bears rank 47th in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while the Bearcats rank 160th (21.8).
- inghamton ranks 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Maine ranks 106th (3.8).
- he Bearcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 6.3 for the season.
- uring their last five games, the Black Bears have scored an average of 64.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average).