The Maine Black Bears (7-19, 3-9 AmEast) will be at Island Federal Credit Union Arena to challenge the Stony Brook Seawolves (17-10, 8-4 AmEast) in an AmEast matchup. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Maine Black Bears vs. Stony Brook Seawolves Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Seawolves fell to the Vermont Catamounts, 63-54, while the Black Bears were defeated by the Albany Great Danes, 66-60.
Maine had a turnover percentage of 14.9 (better than their season average of 20.2) while Stony Brook did a fantastic job of making free throws (10-12; 83.3 percent). Stony Brook’s Andrew Garcia had a solid performance, finishing with 20 points and six rebounds. Sergio El Darwich, meanwhile fueled Maine with 18 points, seven assists and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Makale Foreman led the Seawolves to a 73-52 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 22 points. The Seawolves’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Black Bears. Stony Brook had a rate of 19.9, while Maine posted a mark of 27.1.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Stony Brook figures to have a noteworthy advantage. The Seawolves defense ranks 48th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.459), while the Maine offense is ranked 308th in effective field goal percentage (0.468).
Maine vs. Stony Brook ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Over
- Stony Brook ranks 27th in rebounds per game (39.4) while Maine ranks 240th (33.3).
- The Seawolves average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 103rd in the NCAA. The Black Bears rank 201st in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Stony Brook ranks 29th in blocks per game (4.6) while Maine ranks 100th (3.3).
- The Seawolves rank 56th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while the Black Bears rank 230th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- Maine ranks 105th in assists per game (13.8) while Stony Brook ranks 235th (11.4).
- The Seawolves have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Stony Brook has defeated opponents by an average of 4.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Black Bears have scored an average of 61.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (2.0 above their season average).