The Maine Black Bears (2-11) travel to Louis Brown Athletic Center to square off against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (6-5). The Black Bears look to put an end to their eight-game losing streak. The game begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Maine Black Bears at Rutgers Scarlet Knights ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Scarlet Knights won big over the Fairleigh Dickinson Knights, 90-55, while the Black Bears lost to the Denver Pioneers, 63-50.
Rutgers dominated every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.631 and a free throw rate of 0.123. Fairleigh Dickinson was 0.397 and 0.079, respectively, for those same stats. Maine, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 vs. 21.2). Rutgers was lifted by Eugene Omoruyi, who finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Vincent Eze had a solid performance for Maine, finishing with four points and 10 rebounds.
Look for Rutgers to dominate the offensive glass in this matchup. The Scarlet Knights rank 25th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.6 percent), while Maine ranks 273rd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.2 percent). Moreover, the Black Bears’ 336th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 92.3) will go head-to-head against the Scarlet Knights’ 56th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 93.8).
Maine Black Bears at Rutgers Scarlet Knights Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Rutgers, O/U – Over
- Rutgers ranks 21st in rebounds per game (41.1) while Maine ranks 235th (31.8).
- The Scarlet Knights rank 25th in blocks per game (5.1) while the Black Bears rank 75th (3.6).
- Rutgers averages 22.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 136th in the country. Maine ranks 137th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- The Scarlet Knights rank 50th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Black Bears rank 179th (14.8).
- Maine ranks 45th in steals per game (7.8) while Rutgers ranks 97th (6.6).
- The Black Bears’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 20.0, up from 9.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Scarlet Knights have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 57.0 points per game (6.7 below their season average).