The LSU Tigers (18-8, 9-4 SEC) and their sensational offense head to South Carolina to take on the Gamecocks (16-10, 8-5 SEC) and their tremendous defense. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
LSU Tigers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks Betting Odds
Both teams lost a tough one in their last game. The Gamecocks fell to the Mississippi State Bulldogs, 79-76, while the Tigers were defeated by the 10th-ranked Kentucky Wildcats, 79-76.
LSU had an offensive rebounding percentage of 53.5 (above their season average of 35.6) while South Carolina forced Mississippi State into a turnover percentage of 26.2 (above their season average of 17.6). South Carolina was led by Maik Kotsar, who put up 24 points and seven rebounds. Darius Days was a key piece for LSU with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
The Tigers won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 89-67. LSU made good use of their 35 trips to the free throw line, converting on 32 of them (91.4 percent). South Carolina, meanwhile, was just 6-14 (42.9 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The Tigers’ Skylar Mays has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 19 points,5.4 rebounds,3.2 assists,1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Kotsar has averaged 15 points,7.0 rebounds,2.2 blocks,2.0 steals during that same time frame for the Gamecocks.
The offensive glass could be a solid edge for South Carolina in this contest. The Gamecocks currently rank 71st in offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 percent), while LSU ranks 217th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.5 percent). Furthermore, the Tigers rank seventh in offensive efficiency (113.8), while the Gamecocks rank 40th in defensive efficiency (93.8).
LSU Tigers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – South Carolina, ATS Winner – South Carolina, O/U – Over
- South Carolina ranks 127th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2) while LSU ranks 280th (26.5).
- The Tigers average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. The Gamecocks rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- South Carolina ranks 90th in assists per game (14.1) while LSU ranks 152nd in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- The Tigers average 40.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. The Gamecocks rank 127th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- South Carolina ranks 45th in steals per game (7.8) while LSU ranks 129th (6.5).
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (0.6 above their season average).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. For the season, LSU has defeated opponents by an average of 7.6 points.