The LSU Tigers (19-8, 10-4 SEC), 4-point underdogs, will be at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center to go head-to-head with the Florida Gators (17-10, 9-5 SEC) in a SEC matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149.5 points and it will air on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
LSU Tigers vs. Florida Gators Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Gators fell to the 10th-ranked Kentucky Wildcats, 65-59, while the Tigers defeated the South Carolina Gamecocks, 86-80.
The Tigers knocked down 25 of their 31 free throws (80.6 percent) and held the Gamecocks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.433 (below their season average of 0.488). Florida, meanwhile, held Kentucky to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 31.0). Florida was led by Keyontae Johnson, who had 19 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Darius Days played well for LSU, finishing with 18 points, nine rebounds and five steals.
In their first matchup this season, Mays led the Tigers to an 84-82 victory. He put up 18 points and seven assists. One of LSU’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 31 free throw attempts, while Florida had just 11.
The Tigers’ Skylar Mays has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 22 points,5.8 rebounds,3.4 assists,1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Johnson has averaged 15 points,8.6 rebounds during that same time frame for the Gators.
Florida should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Gators rank 64th in offensive efficiency, while LSU ranks 252nd in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Tigers rank 25th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.284), while the Gators rank 278th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.259).
LSU Tigers at Florida Gators Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida, O/U – Under
- Florida ranks 82nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while LSU ranks 289th (26.4).
- The Tigers rank 17th in rebounds per game (40.1) while the Gators rank 145th (35.7).
- Florida ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while LSU ranks 118th (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Gators have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 63.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average).
- The Tigers have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, LSU has defeated opponents by an average of 7.6 points.