It will be a showdown between two outstanding offenses when the Alabama Crimson Tide (13-11, 5-6 SEC) meet the 25th-ranked LSU Tigers (18-6, 9-2 SEC) at Coleman Coliseum. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
LSU Tigers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Crimson Tide fell to the 11th-ranked Auburn Tigers, 95-91, while the Tigers were victorious over the Missouri Tigers, 82-78.
LSU made 29 of their 34 free throws (85.3 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 12.8 (better than their season average of 16.0). Alabama, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 17.7). Kira Lewis Jr. led the way for Alabama with 10 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds to record his zeroth triple-double of the year. LSU was lifted by Darius Days, who recorded 20 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Trendon Watford led the Tigers to a 90-76 victory. He notched a double-double with 17 points and 15 rebounds. Converting at the free throw line was one of LSU’s biggest strengths. They were 19-20 (95.0 percent), while the Crimson Tide were just 6-10 (60.0 percent).
Alabama figures to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Crimson Tide currently rank 100th in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers rank 218th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Tigers, who rank 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.8 percent), will try to exploit the Crimson Tide, who rank 293rd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.4 percent).
LSU Tigers at Alabama Crimson Tide ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Over
- Alabama averages 30.5 three pointers per game, which ranks third in the nation. LSU ranks 285th in three pointers allowed per game (26.5).
- The Tigers average 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. The Crimson Tide rank 213th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Alabama ranks 78th in assists per game (14.2) while LSU ranks 130th in assists allowed per game (12.6).
- The Tigers average 39.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 20th in the country. The Crimson Tide rank 286th in rebounds allowed per game (40.5).
- LSU ranks 50th in blocks per game (4.1) while Alabama ranks 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Crimson Tide have scored an average of 83.6 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 87.6 points per game (8.7 above their season average).