The UT Arlington Mavericks and Loyola Marymount Lions will face off at College Park Center to open the new season. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 149.5 points with UT Arlington set as a 14-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. UT Arlington Mavericks Free Preview
Last season, Loyola Marymount failed to reach the tournament following a 15-15 regular season. UT Arlington also did not make the tournament after a 25-8 regular season.
The productive offense of UT Arlington will square off against the mid-tier defense of Loyola Marymount. Last season, the Mavericks ranked 64th in offensive efficiency, while the Lions were 170th in defensive efficiency. The Mavericks should have the edge on that end of the court.
The Lions were 15-15 straight up (SU) last season, but were just 12-14-1 against the spread (ATS). Loyola Marymount games finished over the O/U total 48.1 percent of the time.
The Mavericks, meanwhile, were 25-8 SU and 18-11-1 ATS last season. Of UT Arlington’s 30 games that accepted bets last year, 17 finished under the O/U total.
The Mavericks won the sole contest against the Lions last season, 80-77. UT Arlington’s 0.250 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Loyola Marymount, who had a rate of 0.115.
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. UT Arlington Mavericks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UT Arlington, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 78th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Mavericks rank 247th (2.3).
- Loyola Marymount averages 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 36th in the nation. UT Arlington ranks 197th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Loyola Marymount ranks 54th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while UT Arlington ranks 308th (26.2).
- The Mavericks rank 35th in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Lions rank 238th (34.0).
- UT Arlington averages 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 40th in the NCAA. Loyola Marymount ranks 238th in assists allowed per game (14.4).