The Loyola Marymount Lions (11-1) head to Student Recreation Center to go head-to-head with the UC Riverside Highlanders (4-8). The Lions will attempt to continue their eight-game winning streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Loyola Marymount Lions at UC Riverside Highlanders Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Highlanders fell to the Oregon State Beavers, 72-59, while the Lions had no trouble getting past the Westcliff Warriors, 75-43.
Loyola Marymount played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 and a turnover percentage of 16.3. For those same stats, Westcliff had marks of 17.6 and 27.8, respectively. UC Riverside, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (7-8; 87.5 percent). Dikymbe Martin played a pivotal role for UC Riverside with 20 points. Meanwhile, James Batemon had a solid performance for Loyola Marymount, finishing with 11 points.
The Lions won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 76-64. The Lions’ 12.5 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Highlanders, who had a mark of 25.3. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Batemon has been playing at a high level recently for Loyola Marymount, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
UC Riverside might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the country’s best defenses. Loyola Marymount currently ranks 12th in defensive efficiency while the Highlanders rank 322nd in offensive efficiency. Moreover, the Lions rank 36th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 percent), while the Highlanders rank 265th in defensive rebounding percentage (73.5 percent).
Loyola Marymount Lions vs. UC Riverside Highlanders Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – UC Riverside, ATS Winner – Loyola Marymount, O/U – Over
- Loyola Marymount ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while UC Riverside ranks 172nd (31.9).
- The Highlanders rank 199th in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while the Lions rank 236th (18.3).
- The Highlanders rank 48th in blocks allowed per game (1.5) while the Lions rank 136th (4.3).
- Loyola Marymount averages 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 64th in the nation. UC Riverside ranks 106th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Highlanders’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 53.0 points per game (6.2 below their season average).